Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend Review

Well it has been busy as usual in my household. Friday Coltan had two of his soccer buddies over for the weekend. They ended up catching the Lees Summit North football game and we won so that was good. I stayed at home with Carson and we played cars until it was time to pick them up.

Saturday Cody had a game in the morning and won and then Coltan had one in the afternoon and they won as well. I ended up going in to work and stayed for a while trying like heck to get caught up. When I got home I still had all the extra kids. One boy Joey was going home so I took all the boys out to eat. While we were there, Carson got choked on a chicken nugget. This happens all the time so like an old habit, I looked over and asked him if he was okay. This time it was different. He was still choking and you could see the panic in his eyes. I opened his mouth to look for it and couldn't. I started patting him on the back and nothing. I stood him up and put my arms around him and one thrust and he started dry heaving. I looked in his mouth again and finally he had pushed enough back up so I could use my two pinkie fingers and pull some out. After that he started coughing and finally threw the rest of it back up. Carson's initial reaction was to jump in mommy's arms and he started crying. I could tell how scared he was. I then got out of my EMT mode and realized it was MY child I was working on so then the mommy came out in me and I started tearing up with him. As I looked around the restaurant, I noticed this must have been quite the show because you could hear a needle drop. When I went up to refill Coltan's drink the girl at the counter said they had called 911 for me but after I "saved his life" the manager called back and cancelled the fire dept. Does that mean I was the hero for the day? I certainly didn't look at it that way. I just thank god every day that I had that training and was able to react naturally and take care of the situation.

So then Sunday finally came around and I thought good a new day. The boys and I got ready for church (where I said a few extra thank yous ) and it turned out to be a great service. After church we went to grab something to eat and then we were off to Cody's soccer game. After the game, Cody left with Chris and I ended up keeping Coltan. Coltan has a school dance this Friday and the poor kid has outgrown everything. So I ran him to Oak Park Mall and holy cow. I don't think I've been there in 3 years and I just couldn't find anything. So anyways, we managed to find him something nice and a few extras and we ended up closing the mall down (don't forget, it's Sunday so it was still only 6). After the mall, Carson, Coltan, and I went and ate dinner and then I took him back to his dad's. So when I got home, I realized that Carson hadn't taken a nap and I just couldn't believe he was still so full of energy. I finally convinced him to sit in mommy's lap and I rocked him to sleep. I bet I kept him there til 1:00AM because I just love watching him sleep. After the weekend I had with him, I just couldn't put him down.

So anyways, that was our exciting weekend in a nutshell.

Also, I don't know what everyone schedule is but Carson will be at Children's this Thursday at 1:00 so if anyone else is out and about, give me a shout and we could set up a play date with our little ones. Plastic surgery called me today and said they were not going to be able to perform surgery on Carson on Oct 16th with ENT and Pulmonary. I already knew that but was hopeful. They did however set his surgery up for Nov 24th. Yes, it is the Monday before Thanksgiving. So that also just pushed up his doctors appts from 9 to 12. I'm also still waiting on GI to get back with me as well. They are going to schedule Carson for a follow up the first part of Oct and Dr Kain does not have his schedule out yet. So that will really be a total of 13 appointments. Does anyone want to help me rent a room by Children's for the next couple of months??????


Kyle, Aimee and Ava said...

WOW... you had a full weekend. I am sure glad to hear that Carson is ok. That had to have been very scary!

I wanted to ask you before but I forgot. How is it going working out with the trainer? I start a new workout/eating program on Thursday of this week and I am so excited. My goal is to loose 20 pounds by New Year's.

Kaden and Angel Ava's mommy said...

I got teary eyed reading this post. I can only imagine how scary that must have been for both of you. It's amazing how calm we can stay in scary situations until we realize it is done and then the tears and panic start setting in. I am glad to hear that he is doing good and everything turned out for the better. Great work, Mom!!!

Rachel said...

Goodness Gracious I would have completely panic'd. I am so glad he is ok. That is so scary.

Tell the boys congrats on winning thier games. And give Carson a kiss for me now that he is not choking (THANK YOU LORD!)

PS...what do you do for work?

Anonymous said...

I'm new on the post. I found your site from Jackson's site. I'm his great aunt. It sound great how the two older boys are with scocker!
But that was scary at the restrunt, but thankful how you handled it so well, Guess you're glad it's over for that part. I will keep reading your blog and send prayer your way.
Blessings to you and "My three sons"
Aunt Sarah (not your aunt but...)

melissabeth said...

Kaci, I think I might have seen you at CMH today! I'm pretty positive I saw you as I was driving out with Jackson- it looked like Carson's cute little curls in his stroller?? There was a security guard standing by you and since I wasn't sure if it was you I didn't stop, but now that I read your entry, I bet that it was you! We'll have to try to coordinate visits sometime when we're there and at least say hi! Hope it was a good visit. :) Take care!