Wednesday, December 16, 2009

NYC Macy's Santa visits Carson......in Missouri

Cody was supposed to have soccer practice tonight but then we found out a lot of the boys were not going because a lot of them have finals this week. So we decided that Cody could not go and he could do a little studying himself.

Then my mom called. She has been telling me for the last few weeks that the Santa Clause from the NYC Macy's was touring the US and was stopping at our local Macy's in Lee's Summit. It is one of the newest stores in the US so I guess that might be why they choose here. Well, if we wanted to go, it was tonight. So the boys and I jumped in the car and headed up. He was arriving at 5:30 and was going to read Twas the Night before Christmas and then you get to meet Santa. We got there and they sent Carson up front to sit and he read for about 10-15 minutes and really made the boys and girls entertained for the duration of the story. Then after the story was done, we all got in line and waited to see him.

It was really a neat set up. Renee from My Special K's....you'd be jealous. As we waited, Santa's helpers walked around giving out water, cookies, candy, kool aid jammers, candy canes, stickers, and pins. Then as you got to a certain point in line, there were more helpers making balloons for the children. Then when we got up there, no one taking professional pictures. Just the ones from our own personal cameras. I took a few with all three boys and then a few with just Carson. Santa even had me stop and check my pictures to make sure I was good with them before we left him. This was a very positive experience and Carson was so lucky that he saw Santa in Chicago and now back home!! It was cute, Santa asked Carson what he wanted and this time he said lots of toys and some small boots. He kept picking up woman's shoes while in line telling me he wanted these or those. So I guess my son now wants some woman's boots. Are these for his imaginary friends?


Here we are standing in line. Note the shoes behind him. Thank goodness for the Kool aid jammers he was holding. Coltan and Cody didn't even fight me when I asked them to take a picture with Santa. But I did tell them that I wouldn't put one on my blog so if you see this...shhhhh LOL
Look how lovable Santa is.
He was asking Carson what he wanted for Christmas and then made Carson promise to be extra good for mommy.
Santa told every child at the end of the visit that he loved them. Carson and I were sitting on the couch tonight and he looked at me and said "mommy, Santa LOVES me" then he smiled and went back to sleep. This Santa really made Carson's day
FYI Cody did have plenty of time to study for his one test tomorrow. They are breaking the finals up over the next several days so they aren't stacked up with everything on one day.

4 comments:

Me said...

That is SO cool. That Santa has such a genuine "look" to him.

Gutsy Living said...

I woke up this morning to the best present ever: your comment. I was blown away by the fact that anything I write can perhaps make a small difference in someone's life. I would like to write about this and link back to your blog, if that's OK with you. Just one question? Which post did you read with Colton that made a difference? If you want, you can e-mail me at agutsywriter@gmail.com
It was fun to see your three boys participate in the Santa picture. Obviously, you're a loving,caring mom, who's doing it right. Your blogger friend, Sonia.

Lindsey said...

I LOVE the picture of all three boys with Santa!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

That is a neat set up and I AM jealous!!!! LOL