Saturday, December 19, 2009

Beale Street

I have had so many pictures from my camera that I wanted to share and here were some more from Memphis. After playing soccer Saturday, the whole team got together and went to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe on Beale Street. It reminded me of a smaller version of New Orleans. If I didn't have my kids with me, I could have really hit the town. LOL

This was a view from the end of the street. They have tons of police and fire on every intersection. We were told that they put more public safety in this district because it is a big tourist attraction and they want the tourist to be able to have fun and feel safe. I thought that was pretty cool since I was walking around with Cody and Carson by myself for most of the evening. Here is where we ate with the team. We had a huge section upstairs and it was very spacious, unlike some restaurants where they crammed us all in.

This was Elvis' costume in Jail House Rock. The upstairs where we ate had a really big Elvis section which was kind of cool.
Here was the table for all the boys. The parents had two other long tables to sit at.
Carson was showing me his "I'm mad" expression.

Hamming it up as usual.

Carson actually took this picture. Not bad huh?
One of the intersections we came along had this small vehicle. Carson went over and told the fireman he wanted to drive. They were super nice and let him play in there for a long time.
I had to laugh because he told the fireman that he wanted to be a fireman AND carry a gun. I guess if he finds the right Public Safety to work for he can have it all.
The famous B B Kings. I walked in there for a brief moment and they had some good blues players live on the stage.
We ended the night catching up with my parents and riding a carriage ride through the town. I was going to take a picture of Carson with the horse when we finished and to my surprise, he crashed making it a very long walk back to our vehicle. :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun tour of Beale Street! We went there a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun! Looks like Carson did too. :)

danette said...

Great pictures, looks like ya'll had a great time! Lol, I love Carson's "I'm mad" face, how cute :)

Lacey said...

Carson, thats not a very good mad face, I can see that smile! How nice of the firemen to let Carson play!

Lindsey said...

Love the pictures. Looks like you all had a great time!