*****UPDATE AT 12:30pm*********
Dr T just called and they are putting orders in for us to go to Children's Mercy. Not sure if they are keeping us or just going to do all of the lab work and let us go. Dr T is concerned with it being Friday (weekend) and not getting the results back until next week that going through CMH will be more on top of it. Please pray that we are just going in for lab and get to come home.**********
The doctors office just called about an hour a go and so far there isn't any antibiotics that are curing the staph infection in the lab. So we are waiting for the doctor to put in the paperwork for Carson to have some lab work done.
There are a couple of concerns here,
1. Is it in the bloodstream, which means it can affect his organs?
2. Are we dealing with a more serious strain called MYRSA (I think that is how it is spelled)
Either one is very serious. After we figure out what we need to do, he may end up getting admitted and started on an IV
Please pray that we don't have to go that route. I'm sitting here crying thinking of all the bad things instead of staying positive. We just need a break here!!
God please help us and please let some sort of medicine work on my baby. He has been through so much and he is such a wonderful little guy. I cannot think about another hospital stay. I don't know that he can emotionally handle it. Please put your healing hands around him and let the miracle of medicine take care of him. Please.