Just wanted to thank all of my prayer warriors!! I believe that all of your prayers have helped us once again.
Dr Olson was the ER doc that saw Carson on Dec 23th and had him transferred downtown to the main Childrens. After talking to my primary doctor and he decided we needed all of these tests done, we consulted Dr Sighal who was his plastic surgeon and they decided we would get some of the results quicker if I took Carson to the ER. So I called Children's south and asked if Dr Olson was working and they said yes. So that is where we went. She is concerned with Carson's unexplained fevers and saw the notes from the lab and looked at his pictures of what the before looked like and felt that his sore was getting worse again. So she ordered a CBC and a blood culture. The CBC came back with slightly elevated numbers which was an indication of infection (which is probably from the staph) but nothing alarming. Then of course the blood cultures need 48 hours to grow. If something does grow on it, the hospital will notify me and more than likely have him admitted for a few days for antibiotics through an IV. So until Sunday, we get to stay home and stay on his antibiotics that we already have prescribed.
So that is all we know for now.
Again, thanks for all of the phone calls (some I wasn't able to answer because we were in with the doctor or getting blood drawn), e-mails, and comments left on our blog. I will never be able to tell you guys how much it means to me that we have so much support.
I'm going to try and feed Carson and maybe bribe him so we can go to sleep
Burrito Boyz, Toronto, ON (Adelaide W)
12 hours ago