Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What an interesting day....

So, what I thought was going to be an easy, relaxing day was anything but. I woke up with a terrible sore throat again and called the doctor to get an appointment. In the meantime, I have to go to Wal-Mart because we are down to the last three diapers in the house. I honestly cannot ever remember doing that but things happen. So as we are pulling into the parking lot at Wal-Mart, my mother calls and says that my 11 year old nephew has been in a bike accident and he was at the hospital. My brother in law was working and mom knew I could get there quicker. So Carson and I ran up to the hospital and they had him in the waiting area holding an ice pack in between his legs. Yes, he was doing his free-styling tricks on the bike and somehow wiped out and tore his crotch area and sliced his privates. Good news is the doctor said it was all superficial and he only needed stitches. 7 total.....
After that ordeal, I went into Raytown to pick up Coltan and Cody and finally back to Wal Mart to get the diapers. By this time, we had 1 diaper left.
Today is also my niece's birthday and we had a little party for her tonight. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!!!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Holy S***!! Uh OWIE!!!!!

Andy is sitting here holding himself after I read it to him!! Guess I shouldn't have done that.

Seriously though, I hope he is okay.

How are you feeling? Any better?

Thinking of you!!

((HUGS!!))

Aimee said...

Ok... OOOUUUUUUUUCHHHHHHH!!!! I work with a girl that when she was potty training her little guy the toilet seat fell down while he was doing his duty and sliced the top of his you know what... He ended up having about 12 stitches and a little cosmetic surgery a couple of years later.

Hope you are feeling better!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

OUCH!!! That gave me major chills. Poor guy. How old is he. UGH.

Well, I hope you start feeling better...maybe even get a little rest.