Friday, June 27, 2008

Double ear infection

We'll here we go again. I cannot seem to get Carson on the right track! Wednesday morning when Carson woke up he felt a little warm to me. I gave him some Motrin and didn't think about it again. Well Wednesday night around 7:00, he spiked a temp of 102.1. So I knew something was brewing. Needless to say, no sleep. I called the Doctor and made an appointment yesterday. He has a double ear infection. ARGGGGGG. So last night around 7:30 he decided to have an asthma attack. Now he has had temperatures running all the way as high as 105.1. It is currently 103.8 and he is asleep. I just feel so bad for him. We were up for 4 hours last night trying to get his fever down and when I was in the bathroom with him putting wash clothes on him, he was sitting up and trying to sleep. He is absolutely miserable. I finally laid him in my bed around 2:30. He woke up again around 4:00 holding his ear and crying "mommy hurt". I think I was crying with him. I took him into the living room and rocked him back to sleep. His temp was still holding 102.6. We were up again at 7:00 with 104.2 temp. I took all of his clothes off and wiped him down with a washcloth. He was not very happy and kept crying for his blank (blanket). So I got it down to about 103.4 and let him go to sleep. He hasn't had a wet diaper since yesterday around 7:30(last night) and he will not take anything by mouth. I think it hurts to bad to swallow. So when I'm trying to give him Motrin and Tylenol, he spits most of it back at me. It is a battle. He can't have Popsicles so I'm out of ideas to get fluids in him. Any ideas, let me know.......

Coltan and Cody were great last night. I think they stayed up until 1:00 or so helping me take his temperature. They were as concerned with Carson as I was. Thanks to my big boys, they kept getting me more cold wash clothes, blankets, pillows, juice, and Coltan gave him lots of cuddles and kisses. I cannot believe how when I'm in a crisis, Coltan steps up and acts like he is the man of the house. Cody hates to see Carson sick and he gets just as upset as Carson. I know that Carson has the two best big brothers in the world. Mom is really proud of you two!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cody and Coltan are great big brothers and you are "Super Mom"!!!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Poor Carson. He is one lucky guy like you said though. What great big brothers he has and helpers you have. That is sooo sweet of them to be so helpful and concerned. I hope Carson starts feeling better soon.

Aimee said...

That's no fun. I sure hope that he feels better.

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. My computer has been and still is on the brink. I've borrowed one from a friend until mine gets fixed.

Things have been very busy with work, wedding planning, graduate school and just the fact that it's summer and we are ALWAYS gone somewhere or doing something for the weekend. I am actually looking forward to a bit of downtime in a couple of days.