Monday, June 23, 2008

Busy weekend

We'll Friday after I finally got Carson to sleep, (around 1:00AM) I got some sleep as well. Carson did however wake up Saturday at 7:30AM. So I got ready and went to work. I took Carson over to Kelley's for the day and my mom picked up Coltan and Cody so they could go to their soccer tryouts. Kelley called me in the afternoon and said she was taking Carson swimming. He didn't want to stop so we decided to just really wear him out and he could skip his nap Bad idea. I got home and Coltan and Cody were already back at the house. They watched Carson so I could make lasagna for dinner. After it was in the oven, I rocked Carson to sleep around 7:00PM. I'm thinking to myself, yes, the medicine and no nap today is kicking in. So after dinner, Chris came to pick up the boys for the weekend and I'm going to go to bed early. This was not Carson's plans. He woke up just before 11:00 and we stayed up until 2:30AM. Then he was up for good at 5:30AM. Lovely!!!

So Sunday morning I get a nice visit from my neighbor. Apparently my boys are kicking the soccer ball so hard in the backyard that when they hit the fence, they are splitting the fence posts in half. Four total. Charlie then called to see about coming down today which is inviting since I haven't had any sleep and now I'm going to be buying the fence posts. He showed up around noon and Carson was still a ball of energy. We ate some lunch and then off to Lowe's to buy these posts. I was surprised that they were only $1.50 each. I told him to grab 8-10 because something told me this wouldn't be the last time the boys broke the fence while playing soccer. My neighbor Tara agreed.

After that, I laid out some steaks and Charlie grilled them and Carson finally laid down. We actually ate are meal in peace which doesn't happen very ofter. Carson was back up around 8:00PM so he only slept for about 45 minutes. Charlie left around 9:00 and then I worked for 2 1/2 hours to get Carson asleep. He finally managed to fall asleep in my bed around 11:30.

This morning was paybacks to Carson. I had to be at my personal trainer at 9:00AM and I was leaving around 8:40. Carson was still asleep and I had to wake him up. He certainly didn't like that at all. We came back and just hung out the rest of the day.

Tomorrow we will be back at Children's for Carson's swallow test. Our appointment is at 12:30. This test has been ordered by Pulmonary. She stated at our last appointment that if this comes back negative as well as the acid reflux, she was opting for exploratory surgery. She said they may scope his lungs to see why we can't get him to eat, why he gags all the time, and why so many asthma flare ups. Keep your fingers crossed that we can start finding out some answers.


Anonymous said...

Hope everything turns out okay at the appointment. Will be thinking of you guys.

Katy B

Kaden and Angel Ava's mommy said...

I hope they find out why he is having problems eating. I wonder with Kaden as well. He has always had a oral issue, but at one time he started eating. Well, after one of his surgeries he just stopped. They have never done a swallow study on him though. He just refuses to put things in his mouth, kind of like he is scared to swallow. It is very interesting to me though, and would love answers as I am sure you would.

The pictures of Carson sleeping are so cute. Kaden has those same shoes. I guess you kind of lucky that he didn't take his diaper off too!!!

I hope things went well. Thinking about you guys always.