Friday, June 13, 2008

Any suggestions?

Not a whole lot of exciting things today. I woke up on the couch and my back, neck, and everything else hurt. With Carson's asthma, a lot of times I will put him in my bed at night so I can keep an eye on him. We usually start out in the rocking chair in the living room and when he is out, I either put him in his bed or mine. Again, depending on his asthma. If his asthma is bad, I have to give him a breathing treatment in the middle of the night and it is easier in my bed while he is sleeping. So the last 4 or 5 nights he has wanted to fall asleep on the couch. But the problem is, he won't sit still long enough to fall asleep. He gets up and runs up and down the hall and tries to play with his toys for one last minute. I will say to him "okay, lets go to your bed", and he will jump back up on the couch. This cycle goes on and on. If I put him in his bed he will stand there and cry. I don't mind him crying on his own for a few minutes but he is crying for 15-20 minutes at a time and next thing I know, it is 11:30 or even later. So, does anyone have any brilliant fix it overnight ideas????

Other than that, my day went smooth I guess. The boys went to work with me today because the storm did something to my timewarner digital telephone and I didn't want the boys home without a phone. We had to go downtown to get the business license for all 4 salons and that was good times! I hate having to go to Kansas City, City Hall. They are always so slow and rude!!!! Anyways, after I spent most of the day there, we drove to all of the salons and posted the license so we could be legal. After that Coltan and Cody had soccer camp from 5:30-8 and I dropped them off and Carson and I went to the mall. I'm noticing that Coltan has grown so tall that he is outgrowing all of his clothes. So I went to Dillards and Macy's and bought him 7 pairs of shorts and a couple of shirts. He still has a lot of shirts that fit him so that was a small plus. Then, I didn't want Cody to feel left out so I got him a couple pairs of shorts as well. After that I just walked around the mall for about 45 minutes. I'm not sure how many of you know but I finally hired a personal trainer 3 times a week. Since Carson is two I cannot use the crutch anymore that I just had a baby and that's why I'm overweight. So I see him 3 times a week and I'm supposed to do some sort of cardio 3-4 times a week. Wish me luck. I have a tough time saying no to chocolate.

3 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I know how you feel about the boys growing so fast. I just bought Kaden two new pairs of shoes this past week, and they don't fit. I went to the store without him and thought I new what size he needed...err, wrong. So now I have to go exchange them.

That is so neat that you are teaching Carson sign. That is my new mission...to get Kaden all of the signing time dvds. He only has two right now...he loves them as well. So I am hoping that between his birthday and Christmas we will have them built up to the whole collection. It's amazing how much kids learn from those videos and even us as parents : ).

Thinking about you guys.

Rachel Dominguez said...

Hey Kaci,

Thank you for posting on my blog. Yes, it is certainly a small world. I also notice that you read Kaden & Ava's site. I do as well..I also dedicated a post to Ava on my blog after she passed. Funny that you have 3 sons as do I..of course I also have my baby girl now and 3 step kids. It's funny that your title is My Three Sons. I use the My 3 Sons title for lots of things. I even have it on my tire cover on the back of my car. It says "Soccer Mom" on the top and then a huge Soccer Ball in the middle and then on the bottom it says "My 3 Sons"..I also named each of my boys with thier name ending in SON...Mason, Jackson & Coleson..funny ?huh? My oldest is 13 as well and attends Delta Woods. Are yours in Blue Springs District or LS? Anyway, nice to meet you!

Rachel (lees summit, MO)

Aimee said...

Good luck with your trainer. I worked with a trainer when I lived in Salt Lake City but that changed when I moved to a little town. However, I loved every minute of working out with him and wish I could do it again. I'm not overweight but could stand to loose 15 pounds and I've used the same excuse you have for a couple of years now with just having a baby... LOL

On the sleep thing well, I think Carson and Ava are two peas in a pod. Sounds just like something she would do. I finally just had to put her in her bed and let her cry. As bad as it sucked, it only lasted 3 or 4 nights. We still have problems with the it's bedtime go and get in your bed. However, when I put her in it now, she doesn't cry instead it's "mommy, I need to go potty". I'll get her up and she'll potty and then after that it only takes her about 20 minutes for her to go to bed.