Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Please pray

Well it has been a very busy week. I ended up having a great time with the boys. I still have lots of pictures to post but will try to post those tomorrow.

My cousin who lives in Florida was in an abusive relationship. She ended things with him and tried to keep herself and her children safe. She and her boyfriend have a baby together. I'm not sure all of the details right now but he came to the house and tried to take their daughter. Crystal tried to prevent this and he ended up stabbing her 18 times. Her older boys were all home and even witnessed the ending of this tragic event. He grabbed the infant and took off. She is in the hospital and is expected to have a full recovery. The boyfriend was later found and has been charged with attempted murder, unlawful kidnapping, and endangerment of a child. My aunt currently has all 4 children but as I cannot even imagine, the older boys are shaken and traumatized.

I will try to update more on her and other events in our lives tomorrow. I just thought that this blog would be a great place to have lots of prayers sent to my cousin and her family. This will be the beginning of a huge battle of the boys healing over what they witnessed and Crystal healing physically and emotionally.

8 comments:

Shari said...

Oh Kaci! I my heart is breaking, but I am angry at her boyfriend. She and her kids need constant help and so she doesn't end up in a situation like that again. I will be praying for all involved.

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh,how scary and horrible for those kids. I will pray for her and her children that they can recover from this.

Spaghetti said...

God's protecting her and those children, I know that in my heart. I pray that they will get the help that they need because of this and I also pray that he won't be able to hurt them again. God's speed a recovery for her and her boys.

Mike and Gail said...

Praying for all of you.

Angie said...

Oh my gosh!!! My jaw was dropping the whole time I was reading this. I am so glad she is expected to make a full recovery-I was too scared that she didn't make it!

Lots of prayers!

Aimee said...

Oh my.... I work with victims of abuse in my daily job and the best advice I can give is to get these boys and mama into some type of therapy ASAP. Most states also set aside funding to help pay for victims of especially domestic abuse. They could possibly help with relocation expenses, therapy, etc. Let me know if there's any info I could get for you that could help your cousin.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

My heart and prayers go out to your cousin and her children. I couldn't even imagine. Sorry I haven't been on in a while...just kind of in a down spot right now ( you can read more as I left a comment for Rachael too). Thinking about you guys. Love you.

Julie said...

That's really terrible. Thank God she'll heal physically, praying for her and the boys for total healing.