Monday, July 27, 2009

The Badlands, Part 4

These are the last pictures of our vacation. Thanks for bearing with me but when I start to scrapbook, I will have all of this for a reminder to help me keep it all in chronological order. I just love the formation of the rocks. Some of these pictures really reminded me of Grand Canyon.

This picture was looking down a clift. See the green grass on top of the buttes? In the early 1900's, farmers would take apart their lawn equipment and have help putting it on a pully. They would lift it up and put the mower back together. They would bale it into hay and sell it. Man, we thought the economy was bad now??? Could you imagine having to go through all of that work just to make some money?
It started getting cloudy. There was supposed to be a storm moving in.
I thought this was a cool shot of the storm heading our way.

This was the last picture I took and it then started raining. So, it was time to head home. Luckily the storm was moving the other direction so we never really had any problems.

Well this concludes our South Dakota Vacation. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed our memories as much as us. Tomorrow will be back to reality pictures. LOL

2 comments:

denise said...

I enjoyed every part of the trip you posted! You are a great photographer....makes me want to go visit that area!!

Unknown said...

I love the Badlands!