Thursday, November 13, 2008

Surgery Day Part Two

For those of you that haven't followed long with us, this surgery was actually on Oct 31st and we were discharged on Nov. 1st. I have been behind on posting pictures because I'm tied down with a two year old. So we finally got called back to our room. This is where they took his vitals and where we got to talk to the anesthesiologist and then to the doctors. We started here to get his weight, height, and vitals.

This was the next room that we stayed in for a while. The nurse came in and did a thorough medical history on him.


Thought we'd try to ride the dinosaur for fun.

Well we were told we were still waiting on Dr N so we took him back to the waiting room where there were tons of toys. He really liked going into the house and someone would knock to see if he was home.


Playing with Lego's



Now he is bored, hungry, thirsty, and tired. His patients were going fast as they should be. We were now there in our third hour waiting.


This is nurse Phil. Carson really liked him so I asked him to be the one to help us get Carson back.


One of my saddest moments as a mother. We had to say bye and watch him go by himself. I cried just a little. Phil promised to take good care of him. As they turned the corner Carson was crying out to me saying "mommy, please come back". I almost stopped the whole surgery just so I could take him home and never scare him again.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure it was hard to let him go. I really love that dinosaur table! :)

junglemama said...

I can so relate to that being a difficult moment. I'm sorry to have missed it, but what did your son have surgery for?

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Ok the ending of this post made me cry and my stomach turn. I do not want to do that next month. It will be absolutely horrible. That is all I am going to think about now when I go to bed. Why can't we just go in there with them tell they are out of it??? I might ask that this time. I am sure I will be rejected, but maybe if I cry it will help. Ok probably not, just a thought though.

Rachel Dominguez said...

I felt that same way when they took coleson back at age 4 to do a 2 hour surgery on his teeth and then again when he was 6 to have his tonsils and adnoids removed. That is the most horrible feeling when you let your baby go and know they will be put to sleep with out mommy right by thier side. I felt so horrible those days.

The good thing is ... it's done and over with, for now and you can look back at these pictures and thank God for Carson!!!

Love ya girl,
Rach

Bren said...

Oh, my heart breaks just thinking of him crying out to you.

That dinosaur bed is awesome! I've never seen anything like that.