Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Carson and I are back home. He went in yesterday at 1:30 PM and Dr. S was running behind. So he was kind enough to give my mother and I some dinner vouchers. That made up for it a little. :-)

So anyways, we gave him the Versed and Carson was very happy and drunk acting. It was actually very funny. He kept leaning his head into my face and would say "mommy, how are you"? Then he would giggle. Of course his words were very slurred. So when it was our turn and we had to pass him off, he really didn't care that much. He was actually laughing. It was such a huge relief. I got on the elevator and just had the most peaceful feeling. I can't even explain it. Dr S was in there for about 35 minutes and came out and said he did remove a pebble. He said he cut it out along with some scar tissue and will send it off to the pathologist. But he didn't expect anything to come up with that. He also put internal stitches in and said they will dissolve on their own in a couple of months. He then put the steri-strips on the outside. He said he also cleaned up the scar and it will like a thousand times better when it is completely healed.

Because we gave him the Versed before hand he did come out a little slow. He also had some strider like last time but they were so on top of it. I really felt like they did an awesome job keeping a very close eye on my little Porkchop.

We did continue to give him all of his breathing treatments every 6 hours and this morning he did pretty good. They kept him on the IV until about 12PM because he wasn't eating or drinking well but that is just my typical Carson. So we were discharged around 2:15Pm and we went downstairs to eat and then we went to Occupational Therapy at 3:00. Carson had a wonderful time with Nancy and we are starting to work more on his muscles for his eating issues to see if this will help out with our swallowing problems.

We left the hospital around 4:30 and home by 5:00. Carson actually fell asleep in the car and it is almost 8:00 and he is still asleep. Oh boy, am I in for an early morning.

So that is it for now. Hope everyone is having a great day.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

I am so glad to hear that you're home. Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!

Shari said...

I am so glad you are home! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will call you one day next week to touch base. I also whipped together the pineapple/cherry salad. YUM!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am glad you guys are home!!! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I can't wait...so since I am pregnant do you think that gives me a free pass to eat as much as I want??? Oh, I guess there is the part of having to lose the weight after the baby is born, darn.

Happy Thanksgiving

Unknown said...

I'm glad things went smoothly. :) Hope his recovery is easy. :)

Tracey said...

I am so glad things went well. I will pray for a quick recovery with no more night terrors...

Rachel Dominguez said...

Glad you are home and that things went so well. I was praying for you guys. I knew he'd be fine, he seems like a tough little booger.

PS....LOVE LOVE LOVE your new back drop. I may have to steal that!

Rach