Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Heading back to the hospital

Please send prayers our way. My friend Denise came over and got caught helping me put Carson's NG tube in. He had spilled water all over his shirt so I had him on the couch and we were saying bye to Denise and then I was going to put a new outfit on him. As he stood up he fell back down on his tube and pulled his NG tube out again. So we all gathered around to place it in again and there was blood on it. I didn't think much and placed it but there was resistance when I tried to listen for the air. I wiggled it around and couldn't get it. So I called home health and they thought there was a kink in the NG line. I flushed it and didn't have any resistance. I placed it in him a third time with the same problem. He is also going limp on me again so the nurse said to take him to the ER and have them hook him up to an EKG and let them place it. He is down to 25.4 pounds today so instead of admitting him, we are going to add a sixth feeding. With all that is going on, I hope we do get released. So please send lots of good thoughts our way so I can get us back home.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you're home soon... like by tomorrow or even just later tonight! Loves...

Spaghetti said...

Dear God, Take care of this wee one and be that extra bone that Kaci needs right now to keep up with all of lifes trials. Be carefull and safe. God bless

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

That seems so strange. I wonder what is going on...do you think it could be some type of nerve or something??? Poor little guy. I hope they figure it out and that you guys do not have to stay in the hospital, and of course you are always in my thoughts and prayers.


XOXOXOXOXO

I hope to hear good news tomorrow. I am worried about you guys.