Thursday, July 10, 2008

Were Back

We'll we actually got in late Tuesday night and I was back to work yesterday. We ended up having a great weekend

Friday we checked in to our hotel and then went to the arch to walk around, eat dinner, and then off to see the fireworks. What a display. They shoot fireworks from a barge and it lasted for about 40 minutes. Carson had a ball. There were so many people there and they would ooh and ahhh and Carson started doing that as well. After that we went back to the hotel and hit the sack.

Saturday we ended up going to the St Louis Zoo. Carson sat in his stroller most of the time and when we would get to an exhibit, I would pick him up for a closer look. We ended up signing a lot of the animals (thanks to Signing Time). Coltan and Cody seemed to have fun as well. It was only about 80 out so it turned out to be a great day. The zoo closed at 7 and we stopped at a Mexican restaurant and then headed back to the hotel. The boys swam for about an hour and then we were in bed by 11:00.

On Sunday we went to the arch. My 2 niece's had never been up so I took Aspen, Ali, Coltan, Sebastian, and myself and my mom kept Cody and Carson down below. Cody went up three years ago and wasn't to thrilled about the capsule tram. What a sight. The Mississippi river was still out of its banks and all of the cruise ships were closed down because the ramps were under water. You could even see street signs and parking lots that were still under water. I took some pictures of the flood and will post later.

After the arch, we all went to Union Station for lunch and walk around. I'm not sure how many of you locals have been there but it was a huge disappointment. A lot of the neat stores were closed and there wasn't many left. If looked like a ghost town. After that, we went back to the hotel and my mom, step dad, and Ali left to go back to KC. The kids went down and swam again and then we just had Micky D's for dinner.

Monday I took 5 kids to Six Flags. This is where I think they all had a ball. Carson even rode some of the kiddie rides and I stayed in that section for about 2 hours. I have some great pictures of that as well. Next door to Six Flags is Hurricane Harbor and it is free with admission. It is a water park. We planned it out just right. Carson took a nap in his stroller for about 2 hours and that is when I had the kids go over there. I found a shady place and while he slept, the other 4 rode the slides and went swimming in the wave pool. We ended up staying all day and closed the park down at 9. Because it was a week day, it really wasn't busy and the kids hardly waited at all for any of the rides. So we went back to the hotel and I had to wash all of Cody's clothes since he was leaving in the morning for Rockford Ill. I then discovered that Cody didn't have an IPOD charger so I ran to Wal Mart. Would you believe that I ended up going to 3 Wal Marts? The first two closed at 10:00PM. I didn't know that any Wal Mart's closed anymore!!! So I called my onstar and they directed me to the 2nd one. I called them back and the smart lady on the other end actually called the third one BEFORE she sent me there. I got back to the hotel and by the time I got Cody's stuff together, it was 2AM.

Tuesday morning I woke up at 5 and jumped in the shower. Got Cody up, took him to eat breakfast and to the parking lot a 6:30AM to catch his bus. I'm not sure if you remember but this is the Missouri Soccer Team that only choose 17 kids from the whole state and Cody was one of them. He is going to Rockford Ill for a week to play other state teams. He is supposed to call me every night but didn't last night. He did call me Tuesday night and said that they played Kansas and won 6-1. So it sounds like he was having a good time so far. I hope he calls tonight. I sure do miss my Codester.

So this week it's just Coltan, Carson, and I hanging out. Coltan will be gone all of next week at his soccer camp. Then in August, we are still going to try and go to Mall of America for our family vacation.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I will try to get some pictures posted in the next day or so. I will also try to update on all of Carson's upcoming appointments and so forth. I have one kid gone and I feel like I'm even more busy now!


Kaden and Angel Ava's mommy said...

Sounds like you guys had an great time!!! I can't wait start taking Kaden on vacations!!!

Kyle, Aimee & Ava said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun! When are you going to the Mall of America?